Stellenangebot vom 1. Februar 2019
Scientist, Postdoctoral Fellow, or Engineer in Augmented Reality and Machine Learning
The Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics, Halle, Germany, NINT Department, Director Prof. Joyce Poon, is recruiting at least one Scientist, Postdoctoral Fellow, or Engineer with experience in augmented reality and machine learning. The new NINT Department is initiating research programs on devices and microsystems for the future of computing. We are launching a program to use integrated photonics for augmented reality and microdisplay systems with the goal of creating the next generation of human-computer interfaces.
- Collaborate with the team to develop research projects in 3D displays and augmented reality
- Manage the establishment of the photonic and electronic test labs
- Train and work closely with other postdoctoral fellows, Ph.D. and/or Master’s students
- Present research results in international journals and conferences
- Manage relations with private sector partners as necessary
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in computer science or engineering (e.g., electrical, computer)
- Note: Scientist and postdoctoral fellow positions require Ph.D., but engineer positions do not
- You are motivated by grand challenges
- You have a demonstrated track-record in the fields of display, augmented reality, and machine learning
- You excel at independently defining problems and solving them with creativity and resourcefulness
- You are a fast learner and excited to learn about other disciplines
- You are an effective team player that excels in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, interdisciplinary and international environment
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience or interest in technology transfer, innovation, and international partnerships are strong assets
- The opportunity to work at the forefront of scientific research with an incredible team of highly motivated and smart people
- Remuneration and social benefits depending on education and prior experience according to TVöD
- Fixed-term contract initially for 2 years, with the potential of extension
- Expected start date: September 2019 to January 2020; negotiable
Please send your CV, publication list, a brief summary of your research accomplishments (2 pages max.) and research plan (3 pages max.), with the names of two references as a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing MPI-Halle-AR ML. The position will remain open until closed.
The Max Planck Society aims to employ more persons with disabilities and increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented; thus, applications from persons with disabilities and women are encouraged.