Job Offer from July 11, 2019
The Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics, Halle, Germany, Department for Nanophotonics, Integration, and Neural Technology (NINT), is recruiting a
Systems Integration Engineer for the development of neural and photonic nano/micro-technologies.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and demonstrate integrated systems involving microchips with photonic, electronic, and microfluidic devices
- Package fabricated microchips with carriers, rigid & flexible printed circuit boards, connectors, flexible cables, etc. using a combination of wirebonding, flip-chip bonding, adhesive bonding techniques
- Develop and demonstrate hardware and software interfaces between microchips and embedded systems
- Prototype printed circuit boards (PCBs) and electronic circuits
- Program and test embedded systems involving microcontrollers, FPGAs, and/or microprocessors to control and read out from microchips
- Assist in establishing the Electronic Design Centre and the packaging facility in the NINT Department
- M.S. or B.S. Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- You are motivated by grand challenges
- You have a combination of hardware and software skills
- You are expertise in microelectronic and circuit CAD (using, for example, Cadence, LTspice, Keysight EDA), microelectronic layout, PCB design and layout, microcontroller programming and test experience (e.g., Arduino), FPGAs (e.g., Intel-Altera with Quartus or Xilinx with Vivado)
- You are experienced with electronic test and measurement from DC up to low frequency RF (about 5 GHz)
- Work experiences in mechanical design and design+test of life science instrumentation are assets
- You are a fast learner and excited to learn about other disciplines
- You are an effective team player that excels in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, interdisciplinary and international environment
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- The opportunity to work at the forefront of scientific research with an incredible team of highly motivated and smart people
- Remuneration and social benefits depending on education and prior experience according to TVöD
- Fixed-term contract initially for 1 year, with the potential of extension
- Expected start date: September 2019
Please submit your CV with the names of two references to email@example.com before July 31, 2019.
The Max Planck Society aims to employ more persons with disabilities and increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented; thus, applications from persons with disabilities and women are encouraged.