Job Code: MPI-Halle-CV AR
Job Offer from September 10, 2019
Scientist, Postdoctoral Fellow, or Research Staff Member in Computer Vision and Augmented Reality (f/m/d)
The Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics, Halle, Germany, Department of Nanophotonics, Integration, and Neural Technology (NINT), Director Prof. Joyce Poon, is recruiting at least one Scientist, Postdoctoral Fellow, or Research Staff Member with experience in computer vision and augmented reality. Our new Department is initiating research programs on devices and microsystems for the future computing and brain activity mapping technologies. We are launching a program to use integrated photonics for augmented reality and microdisplay systems with the goal of creating the next generation of human-computer interfaces.
- Collaborate with the team to develop research projects in 3D displays and augmented reality
- Combine advances in integrated photonic technologies with computer vision to create new projection microsystems
- Train and work closely with other postdoctoral fellows, Ph.D. and/or Master’s students
- Present research results in international journals and conferences
- Interact relations with private sector partners as necessary
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in computer science or engineering (e.g., electrical, computer)
- You are motivated by grand challenges
- You have a demonstrated track-record in the fields of display and augmented reality
- You excel at independently defining problems and solving them with creativity and resourcefulness
- You are a fast learner and excited to learn about other disciplines
- You are an effective team player that excels in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, interdisciplinary and international environment
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience or interest in technology transfer, innovation, and international partnerships are strong assets
- The opportunity to work at the forefront of scientific research with an incredible team of highly motivated and smart people
- Remuneration and social benefits according to TVöD
- Fixed-term contract initially for 2 years, with the potential of extension
- Potential eligibility to be a Postgraduate Affiliate with the Vector Institute for AI in Toronto if your research involves artificial intelligence
- Expected start date: January 2020; negotiable
Please submit your CV, a brief summary of your research accomplishments and interests (2 pages max.), with the names of two references as a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing MPI-Halle-CV AR. The position will remain open until closed.
The Max Planck Society aims to employ more persons with disabilities and increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented; thus, applications from persons with disabilities and women are encouraged.