FIB/SEM Materials / Device Scientist (f/m)
Job offer from June 22, 2017
The Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics, Halle, Germany, Department NISE, Director Prof. Stuart S.P. Parkin, is currently recruiting a Scientist for FIB/SEM applications. The institute operates several dedicated state of the art Focussed Ion Beam / SEM work stations including analytical capabilities (EDX, EBSD and TOF-SIMS) for the preparation of samples for research in the area of atomically engineered materials with novel properties, especially focused on cognitive and spintronic materials and devices.
- Innovative 3D sample fabrication for exploration of novel material phenomena and devices
- Responsible for reliable operation of FIB/SEM systems - FEI Nanolab, Tescan GAIA and Tescan FERA
- Training PhD students, post-doctoral and visiting scientists in FIB- related operations
- Maintaining state-of-the-art capabilities
- Physicist or engineer or materials scientist, preferably with a doctoral degree
- Prior FIB/SEM experience required
- Strong team player who excels in a fast paced, highly dynamic, interdisciplinary environment
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English
- A world-leading institute with a wide range of state of the art capabilities for exploratory thin film materials and device research
- Remuneration and social benefits depending on education and prior experience according to TVöD
- Fixed term contract, initially for 2 years with the perspective of extension
- Can be uploaded as a single pdf file at our application website with reference to MPI-Halle-Div-002 until August 13th, 2017. Please supply the name and email of at least one reference.
- The Max Planck Society aims to employ more persons with disabilities. Applications from persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged. The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
- For more information please visit www.mpi-halle.mpg.de