Job Code: MPI-Halle-CI-ML
Job Offer from February 01, 2019
Scientist, Postdoctoral Fellow, or Research Staff Member in Computational Imaging and Machine Learning
The Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics, Halle, Germany, Department of Nanophotonics, Integration, and Neural Technology (NINT), Director Prof. Joyce Poon, is recruiting at least one Scientist, Postdoctoral Fellow, or Research Staff Member with experience in computational imaging and machine learning. Our new Department is initiating research programs on devices and microsystems for future computing and brain activity mapping technologies. We are launching a program to combine computational imaging with integrated photonic light sources that can create illumination patterns with unique properties. We aim to create highly compact and computationally efficient 3D and deep brain imaging systems.
- Collaborate with the team to develop a miniaturized and lightweight microscope system for imaging neural activity in deep brain regions
- Combine advances in integrated photonic technologies with computational algorithms for rapid, ideally real-time, microscopy without lenses
- Train and work closely with other postdoctoral fellows, Ph.D. and/or Master’s students
- Present research results in international journals and conferences
- Interact with private sector partners if necessary
- M.S. or Ph.D. Degree in computer science, or electrical and computer engineering
- You are motivated by grand challenges
- You have a demonstrated track-record in the fields of computational imaging, imaging through scattering media, image reconstruction, and machine learning
- You excel at independently defining problems and solving them with creativity and resourcefulness
- You are a fast learner and excited to learn about other disciplines
- You are an effective team player that excels in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, interdisciplinary and international environment
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience or interest in technology transfer, innovation, and international partnerships are strong assets
- The opportunity to work at the forefront of scientific research with an incredible team of highly motivated and smart people
- Remuneration and social benefits according to TVöD
- Fixed-term contract initially for 2 years, with the potential of extension
- Potential eligibility to be a Postgraduate Affiliate with the Vector Institute for AI in Toronto
- Expected start date: January 2020; negotiable
Please submit your CV, a brief summary of your research interests and accomplishments (2 pages max.), and the names of two references as a single pdf file to email@example.com, referencing MPI-Halle-CI-ML. The position will remain open until closed.
The Max Planck Society aims to employ more persons with disabilities and increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented; thus, applications from persons with disabilities and women are encouraged.