Job Offer from September 22, 2023
The Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics, Halle, Germany, Department of Nanophotonics, Integration, and Neural Technology led by Director Prof. Joyce Poon, is recruiting a Silicon Photonics Engineer for projects on visible and near infrared photonic circuits. The mission of the department is to invent devices and microsystems for future computing. English is the working language at the Institute.
- Collaborate with the team to complete projects in silicon integrated photonics
- Characterize, layout, and simulate silicon integrated photonic devices and circuits
- Interact with external partners and suppliers as necessary
- You have earned or will soon earn a M.S. or Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering, applied physics, or a related discipline
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have expert knowledge in the simulation, design, and layout of integrated photonic devices and circuits (both active and passive)
- You are highly proficient with CAD and simulation tools such as Lumerical, COMSOL
- You are experienced in the characterization of active and passive silicon integrated photonic devices and circuits
- You are experienced with the design-fab-test cycles using silicon photonic foundries
- You have a demonstrated track-record of innovation and productivity
- You are intellectually curious and a fast learner
- You are an effective team player who excels in an interdisciplinary and international environment
- You have good written and oral communication skills in English
- The opportunity to work with and learn about the latest integrated photonic technologies
- The opportunity to interact with a wide network of international collaborators
- Remuneration and social benefits according to TVöD (German Civil Servant pay scale)
- Fixed-term contract initially for 2 years, with the potential of extension
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Please upload your CV and the names of two references as a single pdf file to https://s.gwdg.de/zzBu96 . Please name your file with your name as lastname_firstname.pdf. Your file has been successfully uploaded if you see your filename under “Uploaded files” after your submission.
- Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis until the position is filled.
- If you encounter problems with the file upload, please email email@example.com
- For more information about our department, please visit https://www.mpi-halle.mpg.de/NINT
The Max Planck Society aims to employ more persons with disabilities. Applications from persons with disabilities are encouraged. The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in areas where they are underrepresented and therefore encourages women to apply.