How to plan your PhD
- Date: Jun 28, 2022
- Time: 09:15 AM - 12:00 PM (Local Time Germany)
- Speaker: Hugh Kearns (Thinkwell)
- Location: Online
- Room: Online
- Host: IMPRS-STNS
- Contact: email@example.com
To receive the meeting link, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A PhD is a major undertaking yet many people spend more time planning a weekend away than they do planning the next three years of their life. This generally leads to missing deadlines, running overtime, regular crises and lots of stress. If you want to finish on time and enjoy the process along the way then it is important to have a good plan.
You need some very specific skills and tools to plan a PhD. This workshop will introduce you to the PhD Planning Toolkit. You will learn how to use these tools to
- to create you big picture of the thesis plan
- unpack your thesis down into logical parts
- lists for each state of your thesis
- estimate time and schedule tasks
- create a Gantt chart for your thesis
- keep on track as you implement your plan
- plan your writing
- manage the finances
- identify risks and deal with setbacks
At the end of the workshop you will have your own PhD Planning Toolkit and know how to use it to plan your PhD.