How to write a persuasive job application for the non-academic labour market
- Date: Nov 2, 2023
- Time: 09:30 AM - 04:30 PM (Local Time Germany)
- Speaker: Dr. Matthias Schwarzkopf
- Location: Max-Planck-Institut für Mikrostrukturphysik, Weinberg 2, 06120 Halle (Saale)
- Room: Lecture Hall, B.1.11
- Host: IMPRS-STNS
- Contact: email@example.com
Scientists make some mistakes as soon as they start to apply outside of academia. This workshop will help you to write a convincing application.
- How to read job ads: When should I apply, when does it not make sense to do so?
- Standards in Germany for applications outside of academia: Cover letter, CV etc.: what parts are expected and how to write them? What are typical mistakes and how to avoid them?
- How to develop a storyline and how to show your competencies and achievements in a convincing way?
- New trends in application procedures. Passive application via LinkedIn and more changes.
- How to talk about your salary expectations.
Dr. Matthias Schwarzkopf counsels people working in academia in all relevant questions concerning their careers. Together with colleagues he has founded coaching-schwarzkopf.de.