Route from the airport Leipzig/Halle
By Train from the airport station (about 15 min) with S-Bahn to main railway station "Halle" and there change to public transport (e.g. tram).
Of course there is also the possibility to take a taxi directly from the main entrance of the airport to the MPI (takes about 40 min).
Directions from the main railway station Halle (Saale)
Tickets: Tickets can be purchased at the HAVAG shop, the vending machine or the driver.
Directions for car drivers
Magdeburg / Dresden
|Leave A9 at the exit Halle and turn right into B100 towards Halle.||
Leave A14 at the exit Halle and into B100 towards Halle.
|Leave A9 at Schkeuditzer Kreuz and enter A14 towards Halle / Magdeburg.
Leave A9 at the exit Halle and turn right into B100 towards Halle.
- Stay on B100 towards Halle until you reach after 5 km the end of B100 at a traffic light.
- Turn left and turn right after 300m towards Könnern into Paracelsusstraße.
- After about 500m take the next exit into Wolfensteinstraße.
- At the end of this street turn right into Burgstraße and then left again into Kröllwitzer Straße. Cross the Saale River.
- After the bridge turn immediately right and drive along the Saale River on Talstraße (one-way street).
- At the stop sign you turn left into Weinberg.
- After about 200 m you see the building of the Technologie- und Gründerzentrum Halle (TGZ). There you turn left into Wolfgang-Langenbeck-Straße. At the next intersection you turn right into Kurt-Mothes-Straße going up a small hill. After passing the Institute of Chemistry on the left-hand side you turn right into Weinberg. The MPI is situated on the left-hand side after 50 m. There are plenty of parking space available.