Max Planck Institute of Micostructure Physics
06120 Halle (Saale)
Route from the airport Leipzig/Halle
By Train from the airport station (about 15 min) with S-Bahn to main railway station "Halle" and there change to public transport (e.g. tram).
Of course there is also the possibility to take a taxi directly from the main entrance of the airport to the MPI (takes about 40 min).
Directions from the main railway station Halle (Saale)
From "Halle (Saale) Hauptbahnhof" take tram no. 4 or 5 towards "Kröllwitz". The MPI is located near the stop "Weinberg Campus". To reach the Institute, cross Heideallee and Weinbergweg at the pedestrian lights and turn left into "Weinberg", a small, narrow, and hilly road. Please follow the signs leading the way to the Institute.
Tickets: Tickets can be purchased in every tram, at the HAVAG shop or the vending machine.
Directions for car drivers
Berlin: Leave A9 at the exit Halle and turn right into B100 towards Halle.
Magdeburg / Dresden: Leave A14 at the exit Halle and into B100 towards Halle.
Munich, Frankfurt: Leave A9 at Schkeuditzer Kreuz and enter A14 towards Halle / Magdeburg. Leave A9 at the exit Halle and turn right into B100 towards Halle.
- Stay on B100 towards Halle until you reach after 5 km the end of B100 at a traffic light.
- Turn left and turn right after 300m towards Könnern into Paracelsusstraße.
- After about 500m take the next exit into Wolfensteinstraße.
- At the end of this street turn right into Burgstraße and then left again into Kröllwitzer Straße. Cross the Saale River.
- After the bridge turn immediately right and drive along the Saale River on Talstraße (one-way street).
- At the stop sign you turn left into Weinberg.
- After about 200 m you see the building of the Technologie- und Gründerzentrum Halle (TGZ). There you turn left into Wolfgang-Langenbeck-Straße. At the next intersection you turn right into Kurt-Mothes-Straße going up a small hill. After passing the Institute of Chemistry on the left-hand side you turn right into Weinberg. The MPI is situated on the left-hand side after 50 m. There are plenty of parking space available.