- Date: Oct 17, 2018
- Time: 04:00 PM - 06:00 PM (Local Time Germany)
- Speaker: Prof. Dr. Georg Woltersdorf
- Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg
- Location: Max-Planck-Institut für Mikrostrukturphysik, Weinberg 2, 06120 Halle (Saale)
- Room: Lecture Hall, B.1.11
- Host: IMPRS-STNS
In this tutorial I will begin by reviewing the simpe theoretical aspects of magnetization dynamics including the equation of motion, ferromagnetic resonance condition, Gilbert damping, and spin waves.
Subsequently the experimental techniques to observe these phenomena will be presented and compared. These include ferromagnetic resonance, Brillouin light scattering and time resolved MOKE.
After this introduction to the field I intend to discuss a few more recend experiments from my group involving spin pumping and spin Hall effects. Finally, I will conculde with an outlook towards ultrafast spin dynamics.